CAREERS AT LOUGHER CONTEMPORARY.
CAREERS AT LOUGHER CONTEMPORARY.
ART GALLERY – OPERATIONS ASSISTANTS
Location: Westbury-On-Trym, Bristol
Salary: £18,000 - £20,000 based on experience (pro-rated)
3 month contract (full time)
Lougher Contemporary is a market-leading art dealership looking to recruit two new team members in their growing Operations team. Initially on a three (3) month contract to support the existing team in what is expected to be a busy period this Autumn, a contract extension or full-time employment may then be offered to the successful candidates.
We are looking for two bright and enthusiastic candidates with both a passion for art and the art market and a strong desire to join a small but growing based business based in Bristol but servicing an international client base comprising art collectors and dealers.
PLACING AN ORDER?
We continue to fulfil every order that is placed through our website. If this changes, we will update this page accordingly.
For all artworks packed in-house, we will continue to use DHL, who have advised us that they are operating as normal. You should expect a 2-3 day lead time from placing an order and collection from us, unless specialised packing is required.
For artworks where we outsource packing (typically framed or over-sized works), our UK-based logistics partners Pack and Send and Flight Logistics are also operating as normal at the time of writing.
Feel free to drop us a line if you’d like to confirm the estimated date of delivery prior to ordering.
If you place your trust in us during these uncertain times, we will do everything we can to get the artwork(s) to you as soon as possible. If we face any challenge in meeting this commitment, we will of course be in contact with you straight away and advise on an estimated dispatch date and transit time. If you would prefer that we hold the artwork for you in the short or medium time, we are also able to do this free of charge.
We are looking to recruit two new Operations assistants:
• Art Handler: the successful candidate will be responsible for all stock movements. The role will include professionally cataloguing and marketing all new stock, condition checking, maintaining detailed stock records and managing all stock movements, both in and out of the business. The successful candidate will also be responsible for marketing all artworks both on Lougher Contemporary’s website and our 3rd party platforms such as Artsy and Artnet.
• Sales Associate: the successful candidate will be responsible for managing all sales and outbound stock. This will include invoicing, maintaining stock listings, arranging logistics, credit control and liaising with clients through to the point of delivery.
Both candidates must:
• Have strong computer skills, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel, and a willingness to learn other programmes and applications as required;
• Have experience in office administration (note Lougher Contemporary is not a traditional gallery – as such, both positions are office-based on a full time basis either Monday to Friday or Tuesday to Saturday);
• Be self-motivated, extremely organised and have a strong work ethic;
• Have excellent attention to detail to ensure accuracy of marketing content and sales listings;
• Have a keen interest in art and the art market.
In addition, we require the following skills for the two roles:
• Experience in handling art;
• Strong photography skills. Photo editing and videography experience would be useful;
• A clean driving licence and willingness to drive to facilitate stock movements.
• Strong record keeping and extremely organised in order to manage high volumes of live sales;
• Polite and professional telephone and email etiquette;
• Excellent written communication;
• Experience in problem solving and issue resolution;
• Experience in e-Commerce is strongly preferred.
Please email (a) your most up-to-date professional CV and (b) cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your cover letter please answer the following questions, in no more than 500 words per questions:
1. Please state which role you would like to apply for. With reference to your CV and interests, please state why do you consider yourself well suited for this role.
2. What level of experience do you have working in office administration and e-Commerce, if applicable?
3. What are the key factors that you find interesting about art and the art market?
4. What do you feel are the main challenges that an online art business faces, and how can an online art business overcome these?
5. Why does working at Lougher Contemporary appeal to you?
Please note, in light of the large number of applications we anticipate receiving, we will only be responding to applicants who successfully make it through to the second phase of the process. We encourage you to apply early as we reserve the right to stop advertising once both roles have been filled.