Agnes Martin, Untitled (from Paintings and Drawings: 1974-1990), 1991 (Portfolio of 10 prints)
Agnes Martin, Untitled (from Paintings and Drawings: 1974-1990), 1991 (Sealed)
- Artist: Agnes Martin
- Title: Untitled (from Paintings and Drawings: 1974-1990)
- Year: 1991
- Medium: Book
- Technique: The complete set of 10 lithographs in colours, on firm transparency paper, with full margins, with text, the sheets loose, contained in the original grey card portfolio with printed uppers.
- Classification: Edition Multiple
- Edition size: 2,500 (unnumbered, reported)
- Size: 31 × 31 cm,12.2 × 12.2 in
- Markings: Unsigned and unnumbered
- Condition: Mint, sealed, in perfect condition
- Publisher: Nemela & Lenzen GmbH, Monchengladback and Stedelijk Museum, Amsterdam for Agnes Martin's 1991 retrospective at the Stedelijk Museum
ABOUT THE ARTIST:
As an artist defined by minimalism and abstract expressionism, Agnes Martin found serenity in her work. Commonly believed to have schizophrenia, Martin may have exercised her orderly grids and pastel colors as a way to find peace. After moving from Canada to New York City and earning her M.A. at Columbia University, she was supported by other talented artists such as Ellsworth Kelly and Robert Indiana. Martin began her career with exhibitions at Betty Parson's Gallery, and her work quickly traveled internationally from there. Eventually moving to New Mexico, the artist ended her career and cut off all social ties. Martin was represented by Pace Gallery from 1975 and was recently given a retrospective at Tate Modern in 2015.
This book is a unique opportunity to acquire 10 vellum prints of her work, beautifully produced and printed and representative of arguably the artist's best work.
We aim to ship all orders within 5 working days. Transit times differ depending on where you are based but we usually see all artworks delivered on the next working day if you are in the U.K. and within 5 days of being shipped if you are outside the U.K. If there are any delays in shipping or if an artwork requires professional packing, including crating, or is sold from our consignor network, we will get in contact with you as soon as possible after you have placed an order and let you know the estimated timings for delivery. For further details please visit out Shipping Policy
Please note that there may be delays in shipping following Brexit on the 1st January. You can check the tracking and location of your order with the provided tracking reference but please do email us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.